Monday, April 27, 2009

Groucho moucho


At left, my dad (handsome Dave Bullfrog) with the 3 eldest Bullock girls - Susi, left, me (the favorite) on Dad's lap and Cindy with the big grin and bad bangs.
I'm feelin' grouchy today. This cold wet weather, and my recurrence of shoulder issues despite several weeks of therapy with Dr. Wes.


When I was a little girl, my sisters teased me unmercifully. When I dared act all crabby-like, they called me Groucho Moucho. They had a little ditty they'd sing. "Groucho Moucho - oooh that puss". I thought they made Groucho Moucho up, but I just googled it, and and Marx videos popped up. Hmmm.
Cindy the blondie was the evil sister. I guess you can tell by the grin. One time - it may have been on that very couch - she caused me to impale my ass on a nail. We were playing the bounce on the couch game. I bounced while she darted a stick with a nail on it under me, snatching it away when I bounced down. And then she left it under me, and was forced to cover my mouth so I didn't shriek to our parents upstairs. It's a good thing I didn't get lockjaw.
Cindy and I are good friends now. We're a lot alike. we have the same sense of humor. Hell I can't even feel the scar from the puncture incident.
Tonight I did a little shopping therapy, and after buying $59 Eddie Bauer pants for $20, I feel much better.

No comments: