Friday, April 17, 2009

Smash the bugs!


Left another turkey bites the dust.
I'm having a great Friday! I came home to Creston last night, home to my hubbie, pooch, kitty cat and a home-cooked meal. Roast in the crockpot - thanks Pablo! Slept in my very own bed - with all of the above (except the roast of course) nuff said about that topic...


This morning I got to walk 4ish miles bright and early with three friends. It's a gorgeous day and it got the endomorphins going good. I got caught up on their lives - I miss hanging with my homies each week. We plan on doing breakfast Monday, and perhaps, if I wake up, a walk in the a.m.


When I got home from my walk, I noticed I had a message from Paul who had left around 4:30 a.m. to go turkey hunting. Attached photo showed a nice gobbler he'd already gotten. Way to kick turkey ass! He came home a couple hours later the proud hunter, and we made plans to eat lunch at the local tavern - Elms Club. Then I booted the 'ol computer up for three hours of work.


I met Paul and our friend Steve for lunch amongst the tables of Creston peeps chatting and chewing. It's been lent for the last few weeks, so I was like "where's the beef?" Best burgers and fries in town! The staff at the Elms brings our drinks without asking - we're regulars.


After lunch I made a libary run. The drive there proved to be the only unpleasant thing about the day. As I turned the corner I watch an older woman toss gum wrappers out her window while sitting at the stop sign. If you know me then you know I had to honk at her. She waved. Biatch! Who would do that? Smash litterbugs!


The library ladies know me to, so I had to complain to them about the litterbug. There were new books by some of my fave authors - book jackpot! Then home to read on the deck for a bit before I kick into work mode again. Ahhh so far, the perfect day! I love being home!

1 comment:

Thea said...

First Florida. Now a fun Friday. Bah Humbug... from a vacationless worker. :) (actually i'm glad you're having a nice day.)