Thursday, April 16, 2009

Zapped


At left - my Grandma - we called her Momo. Her real name was Zora - cool name huh? As you can see she has a very fair complexion. Why couldn't I get my grandpa's (Wally aka, Buba)skin? He's the handsome dude with the pipe and bolo tie sitting in the rocker on the right. And my Uncle (my Dad's brother Charlie) is the Schnauzer on the floor.
This pic was taken the day I got the card saying my parents were giving me a horse for my birthday - my mom wrote it out in a little corny poem. I cried I was so happy. Note I have on my favorite Bar-L-Ranch (Guthrie Center, IA) sweatshirt with a horse on the front.
Back to my real topic...I visited my friendly dermo today for my annual skin check. I had a few spots on my face zapped by Dr. Ava Feldman with liquid nitrogen. Here's to you Lifeguard Leslie who had to try to tan with the other guards who were actually tannable. You were no bronze goddess - you nincompoop! Why did you think you could smear Baby Oil on and fry with no repercussions?
Once, in college on an early warm sunny day, my roomies and I laid out in the sun near our dorm, Maple Hall. If a little sun is good, a lot is great right? I fried so bad I couldn't even drink beer that night - my legs swelled up. Sun poisoning. And skiing both Paul (another Casper skin) and I burned so bad we blistered.
I'm paying for it now boy. I've had pre-cancerous spots removed from several areas - most recently under and beside my eye. A lesson for all of you out there in tanning bed land!

No comments: