Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Beloved's birthday




When you look up Amy in one of those baby name books, you'll see that the name means "beloved". Fitting for our first born. Last year I blogged about the joyous day of her birth, because it was our routine on her birthday for me to tell the story of that day.

This year I will talk about her first birthday. Paul and I were planning our big move to Creston, Iowa but were still living in Osage. We had purchased a yellow bus riding toy for her - one she could walk behind while she held one, or she could ride on. The seat opened up for storage and it had Sesame Street characters on it.

Amy started to walk on her own right around the week of her birthday - all stiff legged like a lil Frankenstein. We didn't have relatives in town, but the babysitter family, the Wubbens helped us celebrate. I made chocolate cupcakes and Amy did a great job of mashing one all over her face and Fisher Price high chair.

I can just picture her with a yellow outfit on and those little white Nikes one with a pink swoosh that Leslie Alvillar had worn first. Amy was starting to talk - saying words like cookie (of course food would be her first choice). I kept track of her accomplishments on a special calendar that had stickers, and I made little journal notes (in ink but kinda like this blog).

Amy was a cheerful baby girl. She nearly always had a smile on her face. Just the kid to train two rookie parents - breaking us in for #2! Happy birthday baby girl. Even though you're now 25, you'll always be our baby.

No comments: