Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I'm pooped, Flu Shot

That's a Pat Bullock term, but I'm using it accurately. I had a late night meeting Monday when I went with a group of co-workers to Onawa in Monona County - nearly to Sioux City.

Alex, Chad, Matt and I were invited to that County's Solid Waste Agency Annual Meeting. Ooooh you say - how fun that sounds, and I detect some jealousy out there in readerland. It was actually a nice deal - it was at the Onawa Country Club. They invited all employees, dignitaries (mayors, County Supervisors, even a State Senator) and their own board. Old man Gill was there from the Nebraska landfill where the trash from their transfer station goes.

Plus - doo doo doo doooooo (the music of doom): Cindy Turkle their consultant. I can get along with Cindy, but recently we had a run in about this very place. A very nice meal preceded the main event - I felt that it was me. I was introduced and thrown to the wolves to explain tough things about their comp plans. It actually wasn't all that bad. I think they even liked me. Cindy had to have the last word of course. Grrr

We didn't get out of there until around 9:30 PM which put us back in DSM after midnight. Yawn! Past this old gal's bedtime. So to quote Pat - today I'm pooped, even though I slept in all the way until 6:30 AM a while hour later than normal.

I got my flu shot at work today for a mere $10. It didn't hurt a bit until just now. My arm is finally getting sore. But it didn't hurt a bit when the nurse gave me the shot.

That wasn't the case when Mom used to drag us into the med clinic in Atlantic for our annual torture flu shots. Now those hurt back in the day - talk about burn! I hated it and vowed back then I'd never get another. And I kept that vow until last year, when I decided my elderlyness and work in a large venue made it a good idea to protect myself. Thank goodness they took the burn out.

No comments: