Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My Alma Mater











Paul and I stayed in Ames overnight after the last football game. So the next day, a gorgeous Sunday, instead of going to church, we went to the Iowa State University campus. It's so beautiful there.

I have many favorite spots. The campanile of course is a campus icon. And forever more I'll think of daughter Amy when I see the stretch of sidewalk between Beardshear and Curtiss on central campus. Yep, she streaked there. We're so proud. We look forward Jud following her footsteps. Ha!

We tried to peek in at my mostest fave spot on campus - but the brainiacs that be found a way to enclose it so I can't even see it any more. It's a lovely relief carved on a wall above a fountain on a inner wall on the Dairy Industry. When I was a student, I used to stop there for quiet moments to relax - away from others. It was my secret place.

There are many gorgeous spots - we wandered and took photos. It was a walk down memory lane. The years spent walking between classes. Hurrying, stomping mad, sad, happy, excited, TGIF, and on my way to FAC.

It had been a long time since we'd been on campus. I'm glad we did it. Then we met the kids at another Ames icon - Hickory Park for lunch. Yum.

No comments: