Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Short takes

I took a short cut from work to Merle Hay Mall today. Now I know where Birdland is! There was a big levy. No Chevy. And the river was right there so I can see why it floods all the time. Get a clue people - move higher.

Stress and being busy at work is finally taking their toll. My eye is twitching and my shoulders are tight. I might be looking at a massage again soon. It's been a while since I stressed like this - like since I first started.

There is an owl outside of Joan's place. But the loud croaking bullfrogs are now gone. Or someone cut their little vocal cords.

Amy put her thinking cap on and is compiling another interesting Halloween costume. I forgot to ask what she's going to be but you can make it with: an apron, Monopoly money, and a Beanie Baby little black dog. She mentioned something about getting a top hat. Bringing back memories of the Vlassic pickle girl, the Statue of Liberty and the Tooth Fairy.

Our carpet is getting cleaned tomorrow. Yay! I don't have to do it with that machine that needs its dirty water dumped every few minutes.

Our cat has a sinus infection. Paul had to take her to get a shot at the vet on Monday. He said she made noises like he's never heard before, but she did not bite the vet like she did the last time I took her in. (a few years ago - she managed to bite him even though she was in a plastic protective box)

I kinda like the show that's on ABC before Modern Family called Better with You. This adorable young couple was fighting when the hot body young guy, Casey, took off his clothes. The girl said, "What are you doing?" and he said "Nuding it up - you can't be mad at a nude guy." Funny - and he does have a got bod.

Modern Family continues to be funny. The two sisters - teens, fight like Cindy and me. Last week the older one told the younger one everyone thought she was a Lesbian - at least her sandals made her look like one. See - Cindo and me!

Can't wait to go home tomorrow! Except fans will be blowing on my newly cleaned carpet.

2 comments:

amy e. goldsmith said...

more clues: minus the apron (that's for a white elephant halloween party) and add a red bow tie, a white mustache and a thimble to the afformentioned objects.

lgold said...

Is it ALL of the Monopoly characters? Are you going to get out of Jail Free?