Thursday, November 19, 2009

Happy Thursday

I had meetings Monday through Wednesday this week - at the Holiday Inn Express near Jordan Creek in West DM - by all the new stuff. We kicked off a pilot program for landfills across the state -Environmental Management Systems. I'm pretty excited about it! It's a system of continuous improvement in several areas including water quality, greenhouse gas, recycling and more. Oh I could go on and on, but you're likely bored already. Can't help it - it's my life.

Anyway, I worked at home much of last week and not in the office much this week either. You know what? I've missed my cubicle! I was happy as a clam in my little home away from home today. Surrounded by my photos - family, homegirls. Hmmm we need to take a book club photo at our next meeting. Need to get those ladies represented in the Cube.

On Thursdays, a guy from somewhere in our building comes by to wish everyone "Happy Thursday" and looks to see if they're wearing red shirts. It's some theme he started himself. I think he used to work on our floor. He's all cheerful and stops in various cubicles to chat - repeating the same mantra over and over - "Happy Thursday, oh great you have red on." and more idle chat that he repeats in each cubicle. Today - I didn't even mind him.

I was ready to go home though - home to Creston.

No comments: