Sunday, November 15, 2009

Cyclones, headaches

It's that time of year- Cyclone hoops are starting up. Pablo and I purchased our very first season tickets. We talked about it last year - they have $99 tickets. We went to our first game Friday night. Of course we're in the cheap seats - corner, 2nd row from the top. Fun to walk to in a boot. Not! Good thing this is the last week of the boot for me.

The team looks good - lots of talent, fun to watch! I'm sure they'll have their ugly games. Regardless, the season should be (has to be?) Coach Greg McDermott's best. GMac has had some rough luck since coming to ISU. Everyone wants him to succeed, but his first few years of coaching have been not so good. Players defecting, injuries, having to dismiss a good player - all hard to deal with. GMac is finding it takes better talent to win in the Big 12 vs the Valley conference.

We took #1 son Judson out to eat at Okoboji Grill prior to the game. Not a huge crowd for the Cyclone bball opener. The team started a bit slow, but had a great stretch late in the first half. We stayed at the Gateway overnight - a nice place still after all these years. Got a good deal thanks to Priceline.com.

In the a.m. we took HyVee breakfast burritos over to Ryan McKim's new condo, where his parents were in remodel mode. Re-doing the whole damn place. Then a bit of shopping - found my new favorite store - Jax in Ames, a great outdoors type clothing/hunting place. Got some Merrell boots on sale. Yay me. Kept my foot (other in boot) toastie at the game.

Football game was great! Cyclones always make it interesting, even in victory. Must admit I got a bit choked up watching the students rush the field after the team's 6th victory making ISU bowl eligible. I love our coach.

Home after the game - stopped by A&G to chat with Bobbie and Jeff who stayed home this weekend, working. Odie was happy to see us - home from Lila's puppy spa.

This a.m. I woke up with yet another headache. I'm starting to think I've got a sinue infection. Tired of sinus headaches that become migraines. I've got a busy week ahead - no time to be sick!

No comments: