Wednesday, November 4, 2009

BD and WTH

I have had a nice birthday to start out my 52nd year. As one of my high school friends on Facebook said (it was her bday yesterday) - now I have a full deck. Ha ha. Pretty clever way to look at it.

I started out the day at 6 a.m., finding a nice Barbara's Bake Shoppe bday cake left for me by Joan, my lovely roomie. I stopped by Donut King and picked up a couple dozen cake donuts for work along with the cake. I got lots of bday wishes all day, and Facebook provided lots of shout outs. Several people called - Deb, Amy, Robyn and Jud.

I left work early and headed out to Jordan Creek to stomp around in my broke foot boot. Awaiting my beloved Pablo - who had to drive all the way from a meeting in Corning to let Odie out on his way here. We had a date. He shopped with me a bit - I got some bday clothes and shoes. Yay!

And he brought some cards and a gift from Robbie Dob - a book called The Last Lecture. I know that will be a tear jerker! Paul and I ate at Joes Crab Shack. It was okay - not great. It was just nice to spend some time with my honey.

WTH - I plead girly ignorance. What is eyebrown threading? Another one of those things girls invented and didn't explain to me!

3 comments:

amy e. goldsmith said...

kelli was telling me about that last lecture book! sounds too sad for me to read. i can't handle the whole cancer scene...but i am reading alive right now...not that that's much happier.

Kris said...

From what I've heard, eyebrow threading is just another way to pluck your eyebrows, but they roll threads over them to pluck them out? I think? Ok, I don't really know, but that's how I imagined it in my head.

lgold said...

Oh, no wonder they're always after me at the mall. It's my Bullock eyebrows...they want to work their magic on them. Fergit it Mall Ladies!