Friday, November 20, 2009

Exercising


I worked out today and it felt great. Yay!

I joined the brand spankin' new YMCA in Waukee (above) right before I broke my foot. So I haven't yet set (brokey) foot in the place. But my Waukee Y membership transcends to Creston, thank goodness. We had been members of the Creston Y since it opened - but my Big City job has precluded going there. Hmmm hope I used all those new words properly...

This summer, while healing from my hysterectomy (geez what's with me and the health issues - let's hope and pray that 2010 is the year of healthy Leslie) I walked to the Y and talked to Jackie the Y Director (not to be mistaken for Pat Bullock, whom we also called the Y Director) to ask her what she suggested. Should I join the Creston Y and be a guest in Waukee or join Waukee. That's what she suggested I do.

I came home to Creston last night after a busy/exhausting work week. So this a.m. at 5:30 a.m. at the Creston Y, I walked a couple laps and lifted weights. I quit wearing the boot on my foot yesterday. The foot/ankle feels pretty good. After weights, Deb and I did water walking with the SWCC softball team. Them - 18 years old in bikinis. Us - tank suits, jealous of their bikini bodies. But wiser and we have more insurance than them. We exercised our jaws and our bodies. It felt great!

Next week I vow to check out the Waukee Y.

3 comments:

Ramona I. Lynam said...

5:30 is a bit early for me. But if you're there between 8:30-9:00 Saturday, I'll walk a lap or two with you.

Alternative Leslie said...

Hey--Good for you!! Glad to hear the boot is off!! I work out at our gym after school every night. Last night Paul (Alternative) was rubbing my neck and he said that I was lifting too much because my neck was starting to feel like a wrestler's! Damn!! Not the look I was going for. Guess I better hire a trainer :o)

Kris said...

Watch out for the loose children all over the Waukee Y! They're perilous on the track!