Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Been gone



I'm sure you've been wondering where I've been. Or not. I've been on vacation - in Los Angeles for my lovely niece Leslie's wedding.

We got home Sunday, but my life has been a whirlwind since then - no time to post. At least it seems that way. Let me turn back the way-back machine (wasn't that from the Bullwinkle show?) and tell you all about our trip.......

We took off Tuesday 7/13 bright and early, after staying at Joan's Monday night. It's wierd having Pablo in my Joanie bed, though it's a nice big bed and we don't have to share it with a cat and a dog.

We flew Continental on the way there - through Houston (Bush Airport, which is as crappy as its namesake) and get this they actually served us a hot lunch FREE! I kid you not. It's been years since I got food besides pretzels at 10,00 feet, no charge. We arrived at LAX - terminal 6 resembled a big bus terminal. We waited about an hour for the Lefebvres who few into terminal #7 right next door and hopped onto the Hertz shuttle. We were on our way baby - it was a gorgeous day!

Our assigned car was a Nissan Altima Hybrid - they must have seen tree hugger me coming! Very small trunk, so Cindo and I wedged one suitcase between us. Did I mention all our bags arrived!?! Yay. Plugged in the Garmin and between her and the maps, plus lots of bitching we arrived safely at our motel in Santa Monica.

We decided to walk 10 blocks or so to the beach and pier. Bolder was being crabby - he wanted to see the baseball Allstar game on TV. (BTW - sports news - Paul saw a couple pro football players in LAX? Wondering how he figured out who they were? Uh huh...man crush.) We ended up having a nice margarita at the end of the pier which definitely helped.

Then ended up at a very cute place to eat called the Oysterette. We had wine, various seafoods - Paul tried oysters. See photos - the look on his face when he swallowed the oyster makes me fall in love with him all over again!

The motel sent the shuttle to get us later - since we were the only ones on it we talked the driver into stopping by the liquor store (for a nice tip). Amy arrived around 10 on the Super Shuttle from Bob Hope Airport. I konked out about 11 PM which was midnight Iowa time - I'd been up a long time!

No comments: