Saturday, July 3, 2010

Good Saturday

I love sleeping in! If you can call sleeping until 7:30 a.m. sleeping in that is...and waking up next to my honeys is the bestest. (By morning the cat, dog, man and I are all lined up in our queen-sized bed).

After a quick breakfast of two kinds of cereal with blueberries (yes, I'm an admitted cereal mixer), I suited up for a bike ride. Paul was off to the forest to check his cameras for photos of wildlife (or unsuspecting naked people getting frisking in the woods - so for no photos of that..).

Upon riding up the bike trail I came upon three women blocking the path - why it was my friends Patti, Pat and Bobbie. They noticed I was behind them and wondered why I didn't shout out - "I was enjoyed watching your asses," I proclaimed.

Then I cruised on by - but I did hook up with them later at their parking spot. We decided to go for a beverage at Kelly's - to replace all the calories we burned. Can you say self-defeating? haha It was fun hanging with my buddies.

When I got home I sat on the deck and read my most excellent book by Fusilli - a new author I'm on to. Sun for a few minutes - then shade, but it was nice out. Odie started wailing and I was afraid there was a wild critter in the bushes. I finally put her in the house - then Paul flushed the creature. It was only the Stofferahn's damn cat!

After lunch Paul and I started in on a job we've had on the ta-do list for a long time. Painting the front door white. Together we did several layers - he took the hardware off and did the trim. We need to do another coat tomorrow, but guess what - rain is forecast.

Then I was on a roll - did laundry, dusted and vacuumed. Jumped in the shower before church. Post church - a quick run to, you guessed it - Wal Mart. Then home for yum, avocado burgers. It was a full productive day. I loved being home today.

No comments: