Friday, July 9, 2010

Boob job N Jersey Boys

I had my repeat mammogram today. That's the first time that's happened to me, but I've known for a couple weeks I had this spot or density issue, and had been telling friends, and I couldn't believe how many women have been through a mammogram "alert" follow up.

I'm one of the lucky ones. The two new shots the tech took satisfied the radiologist. He came in and spoke to me in the room where they do the mammograms. I was waiting to see if I was to report next for an ultrasound. Dr. Kucera said I will need to have special side shots of my rather large (not) breasts from now on when I have my annual checkup.

I was so pleased, when I got home I phoned Hair Tech - the local cosmetology college to see if I could get in for a pedicure. yay - room at 11 a.m. Okay - it wasn't quite like a fancy parlour in Des Moynez. But for $12 it was okay. I took my own polish, the little gal (didn't get her name) brought over a mobile foot bath. She wasn't oriental so I could understand her.

I won't lie - it was a bit of a letdown from last time. That cute guy rubbing sea salt on my feet and legs. But they look okay - for 1/3 the cost. And I knew the two other women in there at the same time so we chatted pleasantly. One of them had been at Jersey Boys yesterday, and she too enjoyed the show. I followed up the pedi with lunch with my honey. A pretty good a.m. all in all.
While I wasn't beside myself with worry these past two weeks, it was in the back of my mind. It's been one of those kinda years. The doc also reminded me that I need to be doing my self exams monthly. I'm lax about that I admit.

On a happier note, I had a great time yesterday afternoon - yes I took time off from trash world. I had lunch with Sharon Higgins and daughter Amanda (she's married and has her own 2 children, lives in DM) at Dos Rios on Court Avenue. We sat outside - weather was lovely and I had a nice margarita. Sure beat work!

Then we sat by the First National Bank group about 16 rows back at the Civic Center for a matinee showing of Jersey Boys - the music of Frankie Valli. It was great! I'd forgotten all the good tunes Frankie and the 4 seasons had put out. I didn't know one of the band members wrote all the songs. The play was the story of the group, and the performers were excellent.

Finished up the good day with book club. I was beat by the end of the day, but sure enjoyed the afternoon and evening.

No comments: