Friday, July 30, 2010

When the going gets rough

I get bitchy to my husband. I'm not proud of it. He's one of the people I love best in all the world. Somehow, when I'm not at my best - I take it out on him.


Yesterday, I had this plan in my head that I would be all recovered from my colonoscopy and would be able to drive to DSM and go to work. Instead I hardly slept the night before due to being all bloated and miserable. So I sat around our house all day frustrated that I wasn't popping back to normal.


When Paul got home - I was just itching to be mean to someone. So I was - critical about stupid little things he did when he got home. I'm sure you out in readerland are shocked and amazed that I could have this type of behavior. Except Amy - who knows exactly what I'm talking about - as she's lived in close quarters with me and has seen my inner meangirl. In other words - let my Pat out.


Pat is my mother. She could be quite the meangirl. Especially after a couple bourbon and waters. It was like she had stored up her angst from years and started letting it out later in life.

Not a role model one should emulate, and most times I avoid it. When I'm feeling crappy (literally) is one time I revert. Apologies were in order. All is forgiven. Making up is a good thing! It's good to be married to someone who puts up with me. (and who I can put up with...)

No comments: