Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The countdown


is on to the big event. Niece Leslie's wedding. I've written the toast to the happy couple in my head already - alas I don't believe the aunt of the couple gets asked to give a toast.

Here it is Leslie - I know you read this blog every once in a while.

We all have those days in our lives that we remember. Sad ones - like where were you when you heard President Kennedy was shot. And when the Space Shuttle Challenger or 9/11 disaster happened. But there are other things in our lives that were happy occasions that we'll never forget.

Leslie Patricia Alvillar's birthday was one of those days for me. My parents had to wait a LONG time to be grandparents - the Bullock girls did not go forth and multiply very quickly. I had to wait a long time to be an aunt. So July 17, 1984 when Dave Bullock called to say "it's a girl" was a wonderful day in my life! We added a new family member that day.

So here it is July 17 some 26 years later - and we're adding another family member. Jordan Lopez, welcome to our family - and take good care of our baby girl!

No comments: