Monday, July 5, 2010

Not a memorable 4th

but still fun none the less. I showered, dried my hair and got gussied up (not really) and Paul and I were just ready head downtown to the big 4th of July parade (if you like farm equipment, fire trucks, bicycles and horses) when it began to pour. So we sat and watched the end of a movie we'd seen before, but long ago on TNT.

We were trying to wait out the rain. But the rain was better at waiting than I am...so I did what any good scout would. I broke out the vodka and Paul made us BMs - bloody marys. I texted Bobbie to let her know what was happening. The others we had invited to watch fireworks at our place knew the invited was rescinded if fireworks were canceled.

I slapped a brownie mix together and popped it in the oven (yes, I'm THAT resourceful) and Paul ran to the store for wings. McFees arrived when I was on BM #2, but you'll be glad to know Mr. P (Pablo) didn't make tailgating strength BMs. He actually used a shot glass to measure vodka - so we weren't a hammered when McFees got here. They brought a lovely meat and cheese tray.

I meant to be a better hostess, but we drank more than we ate. I switched to my new face Twisted Tea after the 2 BMs. Bobbie did too. Kimmy wasn't drinking (rough night Saturday). Krissy got there followed by Caleb an hour or so later. Krissy drank some tea too. We had fun reminiscing - until nearly midnight. Paul and I had gotten Scene It out, in case we wanted to play games, but we were having too much time chatting.

So - not the worst 4th ever. We made due. And today I had a nice lunch with my homies - Deb and I picked up subs and Patti, Pat, Deb, Bobbie and I lunched at my place. Kimmy sat in and my roomie (landlady really) Joanie even stopped by briefly with her nieces Syd and Maycie (sp). Again more rain - do we live in a sponge?

Off to DSM tomorrow - Joan is off this week so I'm on my own. It will be a short one though - yeah!

1 comment:

amy e. goldsmith said...

i think you do live in a sponge. or a rain magnet.