Saturday, July 10, 2010

LA Woman

LA woman is gonna have to do. ala the Doors.

It's the weekend before. Before we head to LA, La La Land. City of Angels. Los Angeles. Never been there before. Kinda scared, kinda excited! I've been to San Francisco - granted it was back in 1992 for my cousins wedding, but hey that counts. And I was in San Diego briefly when Bets and I flew in there to take off for our Longaberger cruise of the Mexican Riviera. Again - kinda cheating, but counts.

But never in LA - the proverbial mecca of television and movies. We're hooking up with Cindo and Boldie at LAX, where we've leased a car. Then we're braving the vaunted LA traffic.

Nights 1 and 2 will be spent in Santa Monica - we're checking out all the good stuff around there. Hollywood Walk of Fame, Venice Beach, the Pier. And other stuff I can't think of. Amy is flying in that evening and she plans to surf on Thursday - when Jud flies in. How/where I don't know. I'm not worrying about it. Why? It's my vacation.

Friday is the start of wedding activities. You prolly saw the blog a few days earlier when I explained that niecelet Leslie Patricia Alvillar is getting married to Jordan Lopez in 7/17. Amy is a bridesmaid.

My sisters and aunties and I are hosting a bridal luncheon. Not sure what that entails but am up for finding out. That night is the rehearsal dinner - the groom's fam has been kind enough to invite us to that as well. It's at a country club. The wedding is at 4 on Saturday, so we'll have to come up with activities for Saturday before we leave for that. Jud wants to see Rose Bowl. (We'll be near Pasadena at that point).

I can't wait to see my fam! Tomorrow I need to conquer the packing 'o the suitcase. Monday night I need to buy some white sandals. I need to stay calm - it could be a stressful trip. But memorable!

2 comments:

Andra said...

I hope you have a great time in LA. I haven't spent too much time there myself. Santa Monica is nice!

lgold said...

Had a great time - saw your two aunts and cousin. So nice of them to attend! We have a cool family - cousins on both sides of our fam were there. I'll blog about the rest of the trip in coming days. Love reading about your trips with kids! Great photos.