Tuesday, November 1, 2011

McKinley and the Magic Paintbrush

I walked around Creston's McKinley Lake and Park yesterday as I took the day off. I was recovering from our wonderful trip to Galena, Illinois with HS homies Paula and Chris along with Chris's hubbie Larry. When one is a commuter, it's brutal to get home on a Sunday and pack up once again to leave at the crack O'dawn the next day.

Monday a.m. I got to spend my morning with my good friend Chuck at S&K Cafe. And my homegirls Deb, Susan, Patti, Pat, Diana, Bobbie and Linda. They all brought me birthday cards - yes, it's my birth week! I got to kick it off in style. After breakfast I headed home to hang out and relax on my day off. Odie was overjoyed to see me. It doesn't take much to please that little wiener!

That afternoon, when the autumn sun was beaming down, I decided to take a walk around the lake by our house. I took the camera along to capture some of the sights of my neighborhood and hometown. Creston is at its finest this time of year! It's as if some higher power dabbed beautiful fall colors around town, making even the most mundane areas flashy and handsome.
She looks very pissed off about being in a bun

It was Halloween of course so I dragged out Odie's bun costume. She hates it, but I talked her into leaving it on long enough to get her photo taken. We only had a few trick or treaters. Mmmm more candy for us

No comments: