Friday, November 11, 2011

Retrieval Failure

Governor Rick Perry experienced what the Washing Post calls "Retrieval Failure" a/k/a "brain freeze" at the Republican debate this week. He couldn't come up with a list of government agencies he wants to get rid of when he's elected prez.

You may read the full article here in the WaPo: Washington Post Article

If you know me and my politics, you probably know that I don't agree with much Rick Perry stands for. But in this case I felt a little sorry for the guy. Why? I've suffered from this problem - more as I get older.

I like how the article explains what happens. As I'm aging, my brain is shrinking and rusting - and is overloaded with information. My friends say I have the best memory. Right - I'll be the one that recalls insignificant stuff from high school, but can't remember important names from current events. Helpful - NOT.

It's hard to remember all that crap from the olden days and all this new stuff! I'd say my hard drive size is limited. I could never run for office because it's when I really want something, like a person's name etc. that I can't come up with it. When I give it a few minutes, it seems to percolate to the right place where I can reach it. I remember Dad being like that - great...I'm turning into Dave B.

I liked that Mr. Perry was able to make fun of himself on Letterman last night. That's all one can do about the problem - laugh! But about that presidential run Governor Perry? Forget about it...

No comments: