Friday, November 18, 2011

Dance fever

I got a Wii for Mee for my birthday. I'd been considering the purchase for quite some time, and the price had dropped over time - so I finally pulled the trigger. Paul had even said if was okay - like I needed his permission.

We usually do consult with each other on big purchases. But through the years, as we got a little bigger cushion in our bank account, that limit went up a bit. Nintendo Wii used to cost around $300 I think - but I got mine, complete with the Mario Cart game for less than $150.

Then I worked a deal with my 'lil buddy Krissy to purchase her Wii Fit game. It has a balance board that you stand on for most of the exercises, plus the disk you put into the video machine. Last weekend I finally had a chance to try the thing out - fun and good exercise for someone like me who has allowed myself to get woefully out of shape. Now I only wish I had one here AND at Joanie's place.

I programed a "Mii" into the system to represent me in some of the games. It weighs me and figures my BMI too. There are four areas to work on.
  •  Yoga
  • Strength
  • Balance
  • Aerobic
I got up this a.m. and did yoga for 15 minutes followed by some other stuff. Then later this morning, during a break from work I broke out Dance 3 where I worked up a sweat dancing to Dynamite and some Apache song. I suck, but it was fun and got my heart going. I'm going to be in tip top shape in no time at this rate!

My friend Deb purchased the XBox 3D for exercise - can't wait to hear how she likes it. It's more $$ - but you don't have to hold the controller, which would be nice. Watch out - the oldsters are taking over gaming!

No comments: