Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Landlady


My landlady Joan is no lady...she's my friend! It's Joan's birthday today. We went out to eat at Applebee's. Joan had a coupon. It was nice chatting with her, until the high school cheer squad arrived - all twenty or so all chatty and LOUD.

Oh well, we just talked louder. It was fun anyway, just catching up on each other's days.

Joan and I get along well. She's so easy to get along with - even tempered and never moody. I try to be a low-maintenance roomie. And she's a low maintenance landlady. In fact she even takes care of me - washing my towels and sheets.

We like lots of the same TV shows, like Revenge and Parenthood. Sometimes she watches funny shows like Modern Family with me but often you can find her out at her dining room table surfing her laptop, while I'm in the TV room on my laptop.

I'm so lucky to have a nice place to live like this. I thank my lucky stars each week for Joan - the birthday girl!

No comments: