Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Shoe shoppin'

I felt like a judge at a horse or cattle show. But I was shoe shopping. I had been for an oil change at Ramsey Subaru - and discovered I could make due with simply rotating my tires. I don't yet need $600 worth of tires! Why...that's like getting a raise.

So I celebrated by shopping for shoes at Valley West Mall. I entered the mall through Von Maur - the door near the shoes. Right away I found some ankle high boots, with just the right heels by Born. They were called Rachelle.
 Then mine eyes fell upon the Uggs - the shoe kind, not the boots.
Like any good judge, I picked up the shoes, and looked them over good. (I checked their teeth) But I was not ready to pick a winner. So on I went to the next store. I wandered through a few clothing stores, before looking at Younkers Shoes. After all I had Coupons for Younkers. But nothing there tripped my trigger. I proceeded to Fit to Be Tied. Good shoes there, but the ones at Von Maur continued to call to me.

I went back and tried them on. I felt like a horse shoe judge - picking them to be in the winner's circle. But wait! The Uggs were tight. The next size up - too loose. And I liked them best...but I needed to think it over. And perhaps try them on with some thinner socks another day. So phew, Pablo dodges a bullet! I do like those boots though...

No comments: