Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Granny Panties


I'm listening to a Stephanie Plum book on CD this week. It's "Smokin' Seventeen". One must be in the right frame of mind when listening to a Steph book. First thing Monday, I wasn't feeling it. Stephanie (the main character in the books) was trying to select which type of donut she wanted...and I had a lot of work issues on my mind. So I had to turn her off.

But I ran into traffic (evidently some poor schlubs ran into each other on the 22nd street bridge) when I go to Des Moines and traffic was at a standstill. So I turned the CD back on again. I love the reader on the Stephanie Plum CDs. She does wonderful voices. Her Lula is especially great! The character Lula is a supersized black woman (former hooker) who wears spandex and helps Stephanie collect bail skips. They generally get into hijinks together.

Stephanie has a problem. She likes two guys. In "Smokin'" she has a hard time keeping her knees together when she's around Joe (hot policeman) and Ranger (hot security guy). So Lula tells her she needs a break from sex - and they head to JC Penney to get secure some "granny panties," that Lula tells her will protect her from thoughts of men, and if not - they (men) won't be attracted to her in them! Ha!

I grew up in Granny Panties! At least until junior high or so. Those things are comfy!

Listening to Stephanie books makes me chuckle out loud. It probably looks pretty silly when I'm sitting in the car. All by myself. Oh well - I'll have Lula zap 'em with her stun gun.

No comments: