Monday, November 7, 2011

My 10,000th view

This blog hit 10,000+ views this past week. (And I bet only 1,000 or so are my own!) Amazing.

I really didn't know where I was going with this blog thing three years ago when I started up in February 2009. You see, daughter Amy had her own blog. I enjoyed reading hers. I started thinking...hey...I could do that too!

And I missed writing my recycling column for the Creston News Advertiser. I enjoyed writing that column for several years prior to taking the DNR job of my dreams in Des Moines. Each month I'd start thinking of an environmental topic, and would rewrite the thing several times before it actually hit the paper. People would often tell me how much they enjoyed the piece, which tickled me to no end! And even better, they would ask me questions about topics because they had read the things I wrote about.

And I have all that commuting time to think while cruising between Des Moines and Creston. (When I'm not listening to a book on CD).  Sometimes I worry...should I be putting my life out there on the Internet for the whole world to see? But I can't help myself. So I'll keep postin' for all 11 of my followers! And you other random readers. Thanks! Your comments are always appreciated.

How did I pick Blogger.com? Because it goes with Google, and I already had Gmail. I'm kinda lazy like that.

No comments: