Monday, June 15, 2009

Skirting the edge




Sometimes I think I'm just skirting the edge of sanity. But I just keep plugging away and it fades, and I keep living my life. Does everybody feel like that? I suppose it's because I spend so much time doing things alone when I'm up here. Do single lonely people feel like that all the time?

And couples - do they go slowly crazy together? Sometimes when one interacts with older couples one realizes how wacky they get. I can see it in my own life. You just settle into a weird routine. It involves food, television, laundry, pets - the things of our lives.

For example, I always felt guilty that I didn't brush my first dog, Moki's teeth more. So I got in the habit of brushing Odie's when I am home. So she got in the habit of (remember Pavlov's Dog?) standing by me when I brush mine each night. So I got her a little sesame street toothbrush. I put her up on the counter and give 'em a brush.

I know. That is pretty weird. But Paul is accustomed to it - he acts like it's perfectly normal. So think about the things I could start doing and he would just accept it. And viceversa! I'm sure there are some weird and strange things he does too - though I can't rightly think of any right off the bat...

No comments: