Friday, June 12, 2009

Fist bumps

I just had an epiphany! Fist bumps are much more sanitary than high fives or hand shakes. Another reason to do them. I vow to start doing more fist bumps - they're kinda like a little hug, with out the tenderness of course.

Hmm deep thoughts by LBG. (we'll see how this goes, I tried walking the dog without a kleenex in my pocket last night and my nose itched and dripped, so I wished I'd taken one along - I'm so damn sensible).

I worked at home today and it was good! First I got up and walked with Patti and Susan - a nice way to start the day. Then I showered and had my usual cereal breakfast while reading a hard copy of the DM Register. When I'm in the office I have to look at the Register online, which isn't nearly as satisfying. In fact it's much like eating 100 calorie packets of Lorna Doones vs. the real thing. After a while I want to say "ptooey on you fake snacks". And fake newspaper.

Anyways, I hopped on my laptop around 7:30 a.m. I must admit I keep the Today Show on while I work - hey it's no more distracting than listening to Hylton from contaminated sites talk about the rain suit he purchased, and how much he paid (yet again...). I perused my email - both work and home, as I still get many work-related emails on my lgold email.

I can read my work emails from my own laptop and access my saved email and contacts, which is convenient but can be confusing - especially when I email from my laptop to work and it comes back to me via my work email addie. I also worked on busy-work - those calculations I must do to determine how solid waste planning areas are doing on diverting waste from the landfills in the state.

After a nice lunch at the Elms with my favorite Pool Boy (Paul G. Goldsmith - Pablo), and Steve Crittenden, I stopped at the Creston Library and at HyVee. Then it was back to work, until John Cook arrived with my new washer and dryer. yay!

It started to rain around 2 and it's been coming steadily down since then. The neighbors are having a family gathering across the street - Odie has amused herself by barking at kids and dogs periodically. Knucklehead! I worked until just after 4 and am now watching Oprah. Much more relaxing than my days at the Wallace Bldg, but prolly not so productive.

I may just have to have a lemondrop or two tonight, once my friend Mary gets here. I can feel my endorphins getting ready to kick in! Hope you have a nice weekend too...

No comments: