Monday, June 8, 2009

Finally see Jane



Me, Vic, Jane, Sal at an ISU football game in Iowa City - looks like we're losing!


I finally got to see my college roomie Jane tonight. I had emailed her a couple times about getting together now that I live in Waukee part time. Jane has lived here for some 14 years or so. She and her husband David bought a rural place way back then, and now the town has grown around them.

I've known Jane since 1976 - so 33 years. Geez that makes me feel old. She lived on my dorm floor with my longtime friend Sally starting 1/2 way through our freshman year and during our sophomore year. Then when we were juniors, we moved into our place at 230 Campus Avenue - Sally, Jane, Vicki and I. We were all great friends and shared everything.

Jane and David have 3 kids - Morgan is 14, Cole is 12 and Jacob is 10ish. Only Morgan was there tonight. We had a nice quiche with fruit and a salad. Yummy and quite nice compared to my usual restaurant food.

As with most old friends, the years seem to melt away when we talk. We know each other's families well - including nieces and nephews. So there was a lot of catching up to do. Jane does real estate appraisals in addition to all her kid running. David is a Des Moines fireman.

Jane is a good friend. Being with her makes me miss her - know what I mean?

No comments: