Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Garage sale

My neighbor in Creston is having a garage sale. I was just over scoping out the stuff for Amy - who is due to move into her new apartment any day. My neighbor's mom-in-law used to have her own furniture/gift store in town and so much of the stuff is from that store.

I had a garage sale only once in my life. Once was enough! It took hours to carry all the stuff out and price it. People creepily started circling our house in their cars the day before the sale - staking the place out.

Then, and the set day of course they arrived much earlier than the appointed time. Damn - can't you read a clock? And no matter what price I put on stuff - they wanted to haggle it down. Like something for a quarter and they'd say - will you take $.20 for these? Jeeeez. Yeah, hey I have an idea - why don't I pay YOU to take them!

No comments: