Saturday, June 6, 2009

Busy


Last night the deck looked nothing like this shot from after a storm...
Yep, I was too busy to blog last night. I was sittin' on the deck, taking in a beautiful Iowa evening with my buddies and my beloved. (who is under the weather I might add). It all started like this...(flashback music)


I was sitting in my chair after 4:30 PM on a Friday. I had my annual mammogram at 3 PM at the hospital - they have a new digital mammo machine, (two tits (thumbs) up rating from me) that gives them an image they can view right away to tell if it will work. So I was back home trying to get some work done on a goal progress calculation for my job.


My phone rang - it was Bobbie checking to see what was going on for the evening. I hadn't given it much thought, hanging loose to see what was happening. We decided to think it over and talk later. In the meantime, I had an urge to have people over to sit on our deck. I texted McKims and Higgins and told Bobbie to come on over - Jeff could join us when he was done haying.


The house didn't look too bad - cleaned last weekend, and Paul doesn't mess it up much. I stared into the frig and realized how little party like good we had. Paul dug thru the chip/snack cabinet - a bunch of stale stuff that needed to be tossed. And the biggest problem GASP - only 1 lemon. Not enough for multiple lemondrop martinis!


So Paul made a quick HyVee run - he needed beer anyways. And we were on! I sprang into action, getting liquor out for the marvy concoction - made with 3/4 shot triple sec, 1 shot lemon vodka, juice from half a lemon and a splash of sweet and sour. The cup is rimmed in sugar after using the rind to make the edge sticky. Shake over crushed ice, Ahhh! Diana, Bobbie and I each had 2 small ones. Then we were cut off! I switched to cheap chardonnay, but only had one glass before feeling my old nemesis, migraine come on.


McKims brought a cheese/meat plate and Sharon had some delectable chicken/bacon things and dip. That was my supper. We laughed a lot - which makes the work week seem a whole lot less important...

No comments: