Monday, May 25, 2009

Long weekends

The best thing about long weekends is the short week that follows. Though I did decide to head to roomie Joan's today after shopping with Jud and Paul at Jordan Creek. That way I can get a jump on work in the a.m. since I was in Iowa City/CR last week and went home to Creston without stopping in the office.

Jud needed clothes for a summer in Ames. So we hit American Eagle - the line to try stuff on was long, so he'll try it on at home and take it back if it doesn't fit. He got a couple pairs of shorts, some shoes (Finish Line) and a couple shirts. For Jud, that's going crazy shopping! He doesn't buy much. He's been sick with a sinus infection all weekend, so I hope a few new things perk him up.

Then I looked at suits. Yep, a suit for work. And funerals I spose. But I didn't buy anything - wasn't feeling it. I need to keep looking though cuz I am a speaker at a meeting this week - nearly 100 people will be there. Yikes! I need to practice. I am talking about the application for the Environmental Management System (EMS) - which we (DNR) is encouraging solid waste agencies to adopt. After all, it's not just about trash.

It's about air, water and trash. We're all in this together, and some 30 years after Iowa's Groundwater Protection Act took effect, it's time to move beyond simply measuring how much trash we're sending to the landfill. There are better ways to encourage environmental protection.

So I need something professional looking to where Thursday to the EMS meeting. Suit pants are so damn long and I don't have high heels. I need something that looks professional, but I can wear clogs. Paul will flip if I buy another pair 'o shoes.

So tomorrow night after work - I'll be on a mission. I'm trying Valley West after work.

Hope all of you out there in reader land had a nice holiday weekend.

No comments: