Thursday, May 14, 2009

Gramma Mazur




I've been listening to Janet Evanovich novels these past couple weeks. I want to grow up to be Grandma Mazur!


She's a real Pip. If you're into Evanovich, you really should listen to a book or two instead of reading. The narrator is fab. I think her name is Lorelei something.

I found myself wondering if she goes through and reads each part separate of the others, because it would be hard to keep all those characters' voices straight. Lula, Morelli, Grandma, Connie the office gal who is all Jerzy.

Back to Gramma M. She wears polyester pantsuits and white tennies. At times she packs a pistol (illegal). She's up for most anything - gaming on laptops, digging for treasure and of course her fave activity - going to funeral viewings. I love her "La Vida Loca" attitude. I want to get me some of that by the time I'm in my 70's.

Today I toured Liberty Tire in Des Moines. They recycle all types of tires - shipping good ones off to Mexico for re-use, and chopping up others into various sizes for further use. Some get made into athletic tracks - made by mixing the crumb rubber with glue. Larger pieces can be used for playground materials and some goes to be a drainage layer for things like landfills. My boss Al and co-worker Kirsten went along. It was a good trip.

No comments: