Monday, May 4, 2009

Bestest toys ever

Ooh Chatty Cathy is scary looking - kinda like Chuckie!


Facebook offers an opportunity to list your Top 5 of pretty much anything you can think of. This week I named the Top 5 Toys of my Childhood. By now you know what a tomboy I was (am).








I played with dolls early in my life (my sister Cindy says I called them dallies). I had one that I think was as big as me! I had a type of Chatty Cathy (Charmin Chatty) with changeable records, so she said different things when you pulled her string. We also had Thumbelina and a variety of Barbies - I traded our original Barbie for a Twist and Turn Barbie at the Ben Franklin Store during a promotion. Geez I wish I had the original one back - she was much cooler looking.








But dolls weren't what I lusted after. I wanted boy toys! I'm sure may parents were a little concerned that I didn't get the whole gender thing. Yep, I was pretty much a boy until I sprouted breasts and even then I was in denial for quite some time. Obviously they were not encouraged to grow.








Anyways...my parents were the best ever at toy selection - I should say my Mom was. But Dad got stuck on the assembly duty - I remember him cursing when I got the metal garage with little tabs that cut his fingers.





Travel and toys will be my topics this week. Exciting, huh?!?

No comments: