Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I miss my house

the kitchen, and our house getting drilled for geothermal heating/cooling - so green!

Who knew I could grow so attached to a bunch of sticks. Okay, those sticks are put together to make my home for the last 11 years - at 1705 Port Rd in Creston. (When we moved here, the addy was 102 S Port Rd., but 911 changed all that - glad I didn't have it chisled into the concrete!).

I love the location - on the edge of town with mostly cool neighbors. There's that one chick (term used loosely as she's a former druggie/chain smoker rode hard...) that has a crush on my spousal unit. She comes up with weak excuses to talk to him. Come on!

The rest of the folks are swell. They don't party late or start their choppers at 2 a.m. (usually). I like to chat with each of them and like it when winter is over and they are out in the yard more. I try to avoid the yard and all its accompanying work (I have allergies - hey it worked for my dad all those years), but I do hang on the deck.

When we moved into our house, we didn't have to rush into doing anything to it, but through the years we have slowly changed/replaced lots of stuff. Nearly every window (just 1 left and it needs to go). Flooring - we did recycle the upstairs carpet to downstairs, and used the kitchen flooring in the hall when we re-did the kitchen with bamboo.

I love that I can live all on 1 floor of the house - never straying into the basement. Have I ever told you about my aversion to downstairs - not just at our house...I pretty much don't like any totally enclosed basement without a walkout. But Paul finished the whole basement - framed up rooms, put in a bathroom and beautiful cabinets. At least that's what they tell me. Just kidding I HAVE been down there. I just avoid it.

Though smallish, our kitchen is gorgeous with the new cabinets and earth friendly floor. And the cathedral ceiling gives the living room a sunny look. I like to look at my wall stuff (the real walls, not facebook) and see things I've collected through the years. A postcard I had framed from Italy, a recycling poster, a photo from Cannon Beach are all hung tastefully low. Too many peeps hang 'em high. My mommy taught me that skill.

I told ya'll how Paul re-did our closet. And the bathroom is great with the terra cotta tile floor that is on a heated timer. Even Odie and Kitty Kitty have caught on to that radiant therapeutic feel.

Yeah - it's not perfect. The garage is small and the laundry can be loud since you can't close it off. But it is on the main floor. Yep, I love my house - and all the people and animals that go with it.

No comments: