Friday, May 8, 2009

Back to toys




The rest of my week was uneventful so it's back to toy talk.




So we've established that I was the family boy. I loved boy stuff and visiting friends who had brothers. I must have been around 10 when I got my first GI Joe, along with Buddy Charlie. They were the read action figures - 12 inches tall with twisting, turning limbs. They were NOT anatomically correct - I checked that out!




At Christmas, I got a GI Joe Jeep that was the most awesome toy ever! Notice the rocket launcher (bet Mom was glad I got projectiles to shoot at my sisters) and a Morse code flasher light that went thru D batteries like mad. The hood opened up and a little whirly thing went around (more batteries) representing the motor. Man I wish I hadn't given the whole set to my cousin Richard when I got boobs! I'd love to have that toy today.

No comments: