Thursday, March 1, 2012

Jethro's Birthday

Tonight we met my roomie Joan at the Waukee Jethro's Barbecue to celebrate Paul's birthday. She came bearing gifts. A giant cookie, plus a cupcake. Awww. And she didn't even embarrass him by singing to him.

His temporary staff did sing to him this a.m. at his job at the Federal Building in Downtown Des Moines though.
wings are very good! 5.5 Moki heads!
I had read about the wings at Jethro's - so we decided we had to give them a try. Oh yeah. That's what I'm talking about Willis! No crappy breading overpowering the tender hot chicken. And the spicy barbecue rub - delicious!
Ribs would tip over Fred Flintstone's car!
After trying them at the original Jethro's, Paul and I couldn't skip the ribs - so we got the full rack. I also talked him into a double order of jalapeno cream corn. And baked beans.

On our way to the restaurant, Paul's sis Carol called to wish him happy birthday. Paul said we were going out to eat with "Leslie's roommate" then he said "Not me" meaning him. It was fun catching up with my roomie Joanie. We have been living together for 3 years after all - so I kinda miss her.

For dessert, we had caramels I had picked up at Chocolate Storybook, a local candy store - hand dipped. I got him some truffles too. Not a real exciting birthday for Pablo. But at least we were together.

No comments: