Monday, March 5, 2012

All by myself - I'm a fashion killer

Don't wanna live...all by myself. (remember that song?)

But I am tonight as Pablo the Poolboy is reverse commuting to our "south" place. He's on an audit of the USDA program at their offices in Bedford and Corning, so he gets to sleep in our bed in Creston tonight. Home alone with our kitty, Samantha the nearly 19 year-old panther.

Leaving me alone at the loft. With Odie. It's been a while since I've spent a night alone - I'm not sure I know what to do! I took advantage of the solo shopping time. After work, I cruised out to Valley West Mall. Paul is a good sport about shopping, but I just don't shop the same when he's with me as I do alone. I tend to hurry with him. By myself I can take my time, and think...and look stuff over good.

Von Maur shoes - sale room, purse section (Dooney and Bourke doncha know), then on to clothing. I loved this display of scarves. Alas I can't buy or wear any. I'm doing it for you, women of America. You see, I'm a fashion killer. You see...once I buy a scarf - they'd be passe in weeks. That's the kind of power I have.
I'm sure I'd be adorable in these...but I must avoid them


I believe I'm solely responsible for putting an end to petal pushers in the early 1970s. I got a cute pair in 8th grade, and that was the end of that trend! They didn't appear again until Capri's hit the scene in recent years...I just can't pull the trigger on wearing scarves.


After Von Maur, it was on to The Gap, Eddie Bauer and Younkers. The fashions aren't calling to me so far this season. I did enjoy a walk through Fit to be Tied - the great shoe store at Valley West. Last but not least, I went to Calypso. Such a fun store!
I got several of these when I worked with household hazardous waste - price here $50



I love magnets! I'm old, but I've seen a lot of cool bands!

How I'm living my life in Des Moines - I only have a kitchen because it came with the loft...
After my whole shopping route, I did come away empty handed. That's okay. I like just knowing what's available.

I'm glad Paul will be home tomorrow. I need to come up with a place for us to try tomorrow night! 

1 comment:

Jane Buck said...

Les, you are the limit! Just when i think your blogs can't possibly get better - they do! Loved the stroll through Valley West with you. Your feelings very freely express my sentiments about fashion too! Don't know - don't care!

The important things like life, health, Linda and my great flock of friends are what it's all about to me. Thanks for the trip - and for the memories too!

XO
Jane