Thursday, March 29, 2012

Quick Hits Thursday

  • I saw this cool bubble wrap dress on my way back to work today after my lunchtime walk to the the loft. It was in the window of a store on Grand, done for a charity function. 
  • It's such an early spring - it's not just the tulips that are up! Are those daffodils?
  • Tonight we went to Redrosa on University in West Des Moines - West of I-35 tonight for supper. They serve fire-grilled pizza. As their sign says "wood-fired pizza, charred and blistered to perfection. Not as good as Fongs, but good. 3.5 Moki Heads. Though we didn't have one tonight, their salads are good too.

Their wood is stacked right inside the door
We got a sausage pizza with artichokes and mushrooms
Instead of dessert, we decided to walk up to our fave joint - The Standard for a nightcap. The bar hosted live music tonight. A couple guys who were very good musicians. At least for the half hour we got to hear them. They did several Santana songs and a Steven Bishop song. It was really enjoyable listening. They quit at 8 PM. They're old like we are!
Paul and I are going to make terrible elderly companions. Or hilarious ones...last night, whilst writing this blog, I couldn't remember the word "dumpling". Yes, dementia has already begun to set in. I thought he might help me. So I asked him, "what's that word that starts with D - a flour blob that you put in soup?" He said, "Daisys?"  GEEEZ. He was thinking flower, I figured out later, but at the time I was really confused.

You'd think he'd be more intuitive about how my mind works after 30+ years! I keep chuckling about it. I eventually came up with the word dumpling myself, thank you very little.

No comments: