Friday, March 30, 2012

Tech enjoyment


I often find myself cursing electronics. Especially computers. The one at work has been especially slow lately, causing me to tap my toe, check my phone and do other things whilst I wait for it's tiny pea-brain to work.

So I'm happy to report this blog is about the good side of electronics! My smaller electronics are bonding together to make me smile this week. ;>)

First my phone is being quite silly. I use the texting method called SWYPE. You simply drag your finger over the keyboard and it must use some algorithm to predict what word you're trying to spell. Or, it's trying to make me laugh! Take last night. My sis Cindo texted that Paul and I shouldn't go to the movie Hunger Games here because she wants to go to that one when we're all on vacation together in April in Florida.

I tried to text her back something like "That's what I planned too!" but my phone had other ideas!
It came out:
Undress
I laughed at that one and tried again and it said
Tarts
So I left both those words on there and posted what I was trying to say - spelling the words out by tapping each letter - the old fashioned way.

She asked if I was alright, and said she did have her jammies on, wondering if instead of tarts I was asking about her large American tatas.
See - you gotta laugh at that whole conversation!

Now today, when I was taking my walk around the block - down 3rd Street to MLK west across the river, I listened to my iPod. I had it set on Shuffle. That's where it randomly selects songs from your playlist for you to listen to.

It made me so happy when it played a couple of my little listened to but very fave songs back-to-back. Elton John's "Your Song", brings back memories of Sally Rodgers and riding around in her black Mercury all over Atlantic, Iowa.

Gordon Lightfoot's "If You Could Read My Mind" always melts my heart.  I would ride my beautiful quarter horse Jack in rural Atlantic singing the song bilingually. We learned how to sing the song in Spanish class too - with Senior Seufert. (and that brings back lots more memories) That was one of the songs Paul and I chose for our wedding - played by Mrs. McCauley on her violin.

So the next time my electronics act up - and I know they will! I'll try to remember that they make me laugh and smile sometimes too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so wish we would NOT have seen Gordon Lightfoot in concert here last year---he was a shriveled up version of his former self and now that picture comes to mind when I hear his songs :( Keep on rocking Gordon, even though you look like skeletor.

lgold said...

He was here too - guess I'm glad I didn't see him. Deb said the same thing about Willie Nelson. Poor guys- just can't stop doing what they love.