Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Standard


We checked out a brand new place tonight. It is a martini bar called "The Standard". We give it 4 Moki Heads! Paul sucked down a couple Stella Artois, and I had a Lemondrop - which had a thick sugar rim, though the drink itself was not very sweet. (Thus no 5th Moki head).

We began texting friends to make them jealous. It worked swimmingly! I laughed hysterically at some of the funny gyrations my Swype came up with!

Here is what I sent to my friend Robbie Dob in Orlando:

She replied to my photo with martini: You made my day - you're glowing!!! Miss ya, Happy vaca!

So I thought I'd set her straight that we really weren't on vacation yet. My text:
"I'm not even on vaca until april 7. (that part went well)
Here's where swype went downhill:
Just living with my ...liver in downtown dsm and loblong it! (at that point I was howling with laughter and sent it anyway) Meant to say living with my lover and loving it.
Bartender pours my lemondrop martini
The food was quite good and prices were reasonable. Paul had a steak sandwich - it came served with a fried egg on top. Our waiter explained that the egg yolk brings out the flavor in the steak. The fries were very good, according to the expert, Pablo the Poolboy Goldsmith.
I'm happy - thinking of Marco Island...3 weeks away
I had a Turkey Breast sandwich with bacon and avocado on a wonderful bun. As a side I selected a delightful cornbeef and cabbage soup. Delish!

I can't wait to have my leftover half sannie tomorrow for lunch.

After work photos:

I walked after work - before it started raining. Took a couple photos.
Crab apple trees are blooming already in Iowa

Our future home - East Village old folks apartments...

No comments: