Wednesday, February 29, 2012

High on Life

menu
Paul and I are pleasantly full of comfort food after eating at the High Life Lounge.
http://thehighlifelounge.com/
The rolls were soft and yummy too

They serve great broasted chicken there - crispy on the outside and piping hot on the inside. The mashed potatoes were real - with chunks and everything. Gravy - right thickness and not too salty. Paul said the fries were good. Beans - green, were just canned.

High Life only serves beers that were available before something like 1974. So no lite beer, ay. So don't go expecting anything fancy. Paul had a regular Coors. The night's food special was chicken fried steak.

One of the menu items is Tatertot casserole for God's sake. The first time I ate that stuff was at Sally Rodger's house - made by her mom Anna Day. Love at first bite for me...so much so that I talked my mom Pat B in to making it. Good stuff!

I love the decorating at the High Life - probably because the room is surrounded by the beer signs of my childhood. They don't rotate though - worn out by now I suppose. I loved the sign at the White Rose - it rotated around and the smoke bellowed up through the woods. Our waiter was quite attentive too.

Our whole invoice was $17.95. We give it five Moki Heads.

Moki

No comments: