Friday, February 17, 2012

Real home feels real good

We traveled to Creston yesterday later afternoon. It felt good to walk through the door. The elderly kitty was glad to see us. Odie frolicked through the house, pranced in the yard sans leash.

Deb and I attended book club at Thea's at 7 PM. It was a smallish group - which may have been my fault. My book Alzheimer's anyway. It seems I ordered up a book our group had already read! Yikes. I've been working too hard. Or something. We won't blame alcohol. Once the club members started talking about characters and the plot...it did begin to come back. It had been a while since we read it - so yeah, that's my story.

Club member Francie is moving to Arizona to be near her daughter Amie - who is married and has a couple children, one who was born a year ago several months premature. We'll miss Francie, a former teacher who is a good story-teller.

Pablo had today off, so he was doing errands, dealing with constant appointments hair, eye, doc. I, on the other hand was holding down the fort working. Though I woke up suffering from a major migraine. Unlike most of my headaches, this one decided to hang on until around noon - reminded why I'm so thankful for today's modern medicine. I don't get too many migraines like that these days. Paul even stepped in to take Odie to her vet appointment - toenails/anal glands, while I was all miserable - nauseous and wiped out.

I felt good enough to begin working again around 11 a.m. and just after noon, I began to feel human! Phew. Bring on the weekend.

No comments: