Saturday, February 11, 2012

City life

I stopped by Paul's office in the Federal Building on 2nd and Walnut Streets yesterday - to see his space where he works, and meet a few co-workers. First I stopped by our temporary home, the loft at 301 East Court to take Odie out. What was I thinking? It was cold and windy out - so the pooch was having nothing to do with tinkling until totally necessary.

Then I decided to walk the five or six blocks to the Federal Building - a little exercise on a day in the teens with a brisk wind. It wasn't bad until I turned to the north. Then my face froze. When you enter a Federal Building you go through security similar to an airport - after the Oklahoma City bombing, security is tight at all them across the country.

USDA is located on the 6th Floor. Paul met me there to wind me through the web of cubicles to his temp office - with a beautiful view of the city, north - looking over the Civic Center and toward Wells Fargo Arena. I snapped a photo of him at his desk - looking casual on casual Friday. He wears businesses casual the other days of the week. I think he's enjoying the challenge of his 90- day assignment at the state office.

Last night we headed to the Cheesecake Factory at Jordan Creek Mall for a bite, before attending the movie Safe House - Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds. I had the "skinny" cheeseburger if there really is such a thing - with a salad. Paul got the regular old cheeseburger and fries. I snuck a few. I stared longingly at the cheesecake. Tiramisu how I heart you.

The movie was kinda like a "Bourne" movie with different characters. Shoot 'em up!

Paul contemplates life
Odie was glad to have us sleep in with her this morning. We headed to an East Village joint, Baby Boomers about 8:30 a.m. The waitress complimented us on our Cyclone attire (Paul was dressed and ready for today's home game - he's attending with Jud who is using my ticket). The cook had on an ISU hat. We LOVE this place already. Paul had a big breakfast and I went with oatmeal. Next door for latte on our way to do errands next.
We'll be glad to get back to Creston next weekend - to be sure. But this is a fun temp lifestyle. Now...whilst Jud and Paul attend the game, I'm enjoying some quiet time with my Dell, Odie and a book. The game is on. I'm set!



 

No comments: