Saturday, February 4, 2012

Embassador

Pablo and I stayed at the Embassy Suites on East 2nd and Locust Streets in DSM this week. It was our last week of hotel life before moving into the loft - my first time staying at ES. I quite enjoyed it - except for the lack of WiFi.

ES has been remodeled. The showers are almost European - with glass panels and no doors. When staying for a week, it's nice to have two rooms to settle into - and two TVs. Even though we didn't end up spending all that much time in the joint. And they passed the sheet, towel and cleanliness test.

Capitol seen to the right of the Embassy Suites looking east
My fave part? The free breakfast. They're ready at 6 a.m. with eggs, sausage, and potatoes on a buffet - all stuff Paul likes. You can go through their omelet bar, but we didn't do that - in a hurry biz folk ya know. I myself ate their excellent oatmeal with brown sugar, rolled oats and raisins. They also offer fresh fruit, yogurt, toast etc. And their coffee? So very good. Everyone was quite polite too.

I enjoyed walking from the ES to work early each morning up Locust toward the beautiful Iowa State Capitol building. Locust is lit with Christmas lights and there are cool sculptures along the way. It's uphill (followed by 5 flights of stairs to my desk), which helped me with my LiveHealthy Iowa workouts. The unusually warm weather didn't hurt my enjoyment of the walk.

But hotel life is getting old. It's hard to be healthy when you're living hotel life. Even when you're with your honey.

No comments: