Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Phone angst

Do you ever have phone angst when you can't answer yours? Monday while driving in stop and go after work traffic on I-235, my phone rang. Of course I had gloves on and it was buried on my belt clip under my jacket.

Yes, I'm a dang nerd who wears her phone on a belt clip. I can't help it. I realize it looks nerdy and doesn't help when it comes to fashion. But dating back to my landfill years (hey - everyone should have landfill years), I found I had to have my phone accessible, you know because of my great importance. The chance of a huge trash emergency and stuff...

Anyway, the phone rang and I made the intelligent choice not to try to answer it amidst all the traffic. But then, as I sat in traffic. Stopping and going. I began to fret. What if it was an important call? An emergency - someone in my fam was ill or hurt? Or what if it was my roomie Joan calling to ask me out to eat? Maybe Jud was calling to say he'd received a job offer! Or Amy had a problem she needed help with. It was eating me up! I wished I had my Bluetooth hooked up and going - I could have answered it since I was driving Pablo's car.

But I waited until I arrived at my destination and then listened to the voicemail. It was Sahar's calling to remind me of my hair appointment. Wow. Important! NOT. Good thing I didn't wreck the car answering the phone!

2 comments:

amy e. goldsmith said...

i like how jud calls about a job offer and i call about problems.

lgold said...

But sweetheart, you already HAVE a job...I could have said Maybe Amy is calling because she won the lottery. But oh yeah, you don't play the lottery.