Sunday, December 19, 2010

foot coverings


I did it again. Bought some more shoes, much to my spousal unit's chagrin. Little does he know - real women have many more shoes than I do! This time of year I'm on the constant lookout for shoes to wear every day - to keep my feet warm at work and at home.

I have notoriously bad circulation. Thanks Pat Bullock. My feet are always cold! They sweat and they are freezing. I walk through snow between the parking ramp at the Wallace Building. I wear good socks - and have a few pairs of shoes/bootlike things I wear regularly. I suppose I could wear real boots and switch into shoes at work. But that's complicated. I'd rather just wear shoes that double as both.

So I'm always on the lookout. I got black Simple shoe/boots this fall at Jax in Ames. (they came with that $1 pair of Dansko clogs) The clogs are great but aren't that warm. I got some brown wool clog Merrills on sale at Marshall's this fall. Wear those a lot. But I'm on the lookout for some other bargains for the rest of the winter.

After Pablo and I met for lunch at Elms Club last Friday we sauntered over to Family Shoe (home of Steve McCann, Dr. Shoe - fam acquaintance for 25 years) to check out his stock. He carries all the good stuff - Merrill, Dansko, Clarks, Born and boots for Paul plus all athletic brands. Nothing on sale in my size upstairs. I decided to hit the "Bargain Basement". Paul decided to skip out to go back to work. His mistake!

I scored these great Merrill Mary Janes - and even though the box said $70, the sticker inside said $50 and Steve agreed to sell them for the Crazee Daze price (it's in July). Okay so they're not warm winter foot coverings. I can wait to wear them!

In the meantime imagine the fun I'll have looking for deals on warm shoes!

No comments: