Saturday, December 25, 2010

Colorado trip so far



















































We're having a great trip. The weather has cooperated - in fact it's been perfect. Don't miss the cold and snow of Iowa at all! Vail is even warm and sunny. We got to Denver at 5 PM Wednesday and took Amy and roomie Carrie out to eat. So good to see my baby. Then headed to Aunt Martha's for the night. Juddy stayed at Amy's.

Loved having time to talk with Marty and Bill at their home Thursday a.m. Jud, Paul and I went to the movie remake True Grit that afternoon and ate at a barbeque joint, Moe's - where Colby works occasionally. He works at their other branch a lot. We stopped at the liquor store and bought some booze for Lefebvres and got wine at Marczyks and a gift card for Colbs. Last minute shopping!

That night we headed to my cousin Amy Brownlee's house for a great lasagna supper. Her hubby Tom was there along with son Matt - a 7th grader. Gorgeous daughter Kate, a HS soph was off to a Colorado Avalanche hockey game. She's a busy teen ya know. Marty and Bill were there, and my cuzzie Richard Amy's bro. Amy also invited her neighbor Gwen. Our Amy arrived after work. It was lots of fun sharing holiday cheer with relatives! I'm so mad I didn't take any pics.

Friday it was up to Vail after we stopped at Amy's to pick up Odie. Jud waited for Am to get off work at 4, but we took off around 1 PM. Cindo was in party prep mode when we got here. Got checked into Riverwalk and came back for the party - A&J arrived about 6:30 PM - starving! Good thing Colby had brought the Moe's (there's one here in the area too) wings. Plus meatballs, cheeses. We popped in the wiener winks.

People started arriving - the place was hopping! The fun thing is this is year 3 for the Goldsmiths to be here - we know people now. I got hugs and air kisses! Paul and I are honorary Kitchenettes. Amy was exhausted from her work schedule and took a nap. Bolder did the first set of songs about 8 PM. We were awful singers - it was great! About 9:30 the place was at a dull roar. There had been several spills and people were pleasantly liquored up. Not me though - I nursed my drink this year (I know - I surprise myself).

Colby played a drum and led a string of kids in with grass skirts. (tradition) It was mele kalikimaka time! He popped it on the CD player and we all chimed in. It is hilarious! Boldie is so serious in his reading glasses, leading the songs like Lawrence Welk, Jr. Kelsey thought he was struggling and hurried to his side to help. When people don't know the words they sing "hanna hanna hanna"

Too soon - or not soon enough it was over. This year, people didn't bring wild children and allow them to run amok. My sis didn't have to snap. People left at a decent hour. We all enjoyed it! Amy came back to spend the night with us at the motel so we could have some quality time. Jud stayed to bond with his cousin Colby whom he used to torment and Colby used to bite him. Now they love each other! World peace!

This a.m. we came back to open gifts and Amy had to rush off to work at Beano's. Church you ask. I know - there is no Catholic Church here. (okay there probably is, but we don't look it up). Our Christmas is about family. After Amy headed to work, Cindo and I went for a nice walk with Odie (I had to carry her for part of it) and the boys went to Charlie's (Boldie's work) to put together T-shirt orders for all their shops for tomorrow. A nap is in order! Merry Christmas to all!

No comments: