Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Heading out







We're going to Colorado tomorrow - get to see Odie's sis (and Jud's too). Can't wait! Planned to leave Thursday but Mom Nature planned some snow that day - so we're heading out early to get ahead of it. Odie is going along and she's quite excited (or she will be as soon as she figures it out).

We're staying with my Aunt Marty and Uncle Bill. Marty is Dad's sis - so it's like a little visit with Dad. We're not heading up to Vail until Friday so we'll need to come up with some tourist activity for Thursday all day. That night we're eating supper at my cousin Amy's - and her fam hubby Tom and kids Kate and Matthew. Hope my cuzzy Richard makes it too.

Friday we're off to my sissy Cindo's. It's the annual ("I'm never doing this again" I quote my sis from last year) Lefebvre Christmas party. My bro-in-law Bolder sets up a music stand and leads Christmas caroling in a pope hat. I kid you not. If you stay late enough, people put on grass skirts for that Hawaiian song. People let their children run wild in a home that is not set up for crazy children. (thus Cindy's vow from last year). I'm looking forward to it. And when I'm tire of it, I'll retire to my motel room.

Christmas Day we'll all gather back at Lefebvres to open gifts. We're dragging ours along. Jud and Paul plan to ski and Amy will snowboard. I will wave at them with my book as I've proven to be too clumsy and brittle to ski any longer - hell I can break my foot on stairs! Plus I'd like to purchase something with my $1 gazillion that it now costs to ski. Shoes...yeah!

Tonight Paul prepared his annual fab Christmas Prime Rib - with special gravy made with grape jelly. Uh Oh - all our jelly is old?!? My God we're def turning into our parents - all our food is old. When Jud's GF Kara was here we served her pop that was best by 2009. Now 2009 and 2008 jelly. My New Years Resolution is to clean out our old crappy food and pop.

No comments: