Monday, December 13, 2010

Frosty greeted me tonight


Last year's frozen car sicle! Yikes - please don't let this happen again!
We had our first blizzard of the season. I'm trying not to complain because complain just last year (wavy lines...the way back machine) Joan, Krissy and I were snowed in one day. It was a terrible storm! And we watched "Fly Away Home" where the girl has to teach the lil ducks to fly south. (insert tears)

Then Joan got the snowblower going and I thought she was going to do the whole neighborhood including the street! Krissy and I helped with the shoveling. It was cold and windy. Damn we went through a lot of ice melt last winter. Another time my car was so iced over I couldn't get it open, so I worked at Joan's that day too! Finally about noon I was able to break open the tailgate and start shattering the ice layer.

I didn't think we got much snow in Creston during this storm, so I was surprised last night when Paul and I picked up Deb to attend the Southwestern Community College Christmas Concert. There were several inches of snow in town! At our house, the wind sent it all flying down the street to Nancy Anthony's evidently!

Breakfast with the homegirls was fun as usual this a.m. I spent the weekend trying to eat a lot - to bulk up for my Weight Watchers weigh in today. I signed up at work - it's pretty pricey - $180 for 15 weeks, for their new Points Plus program. I get my online sign up info next week. There are 15 of us DNR folks, at least folks meeting at the Wallace Building at lunchtime each Monday. You must be at least 5 lb over weight to qualify for the program - I had several people at work say, "you won't qualify!" Ha! I was more than 10 lb over the weight they list for my height. I guess they didn't account for my bone structure!

I haven't really adopted this thing whole hog (oops shouldn't use food references). I need to read the pamphlet the gave us - the Weekly Reader. Just like back in my Washington Elementary School days! Good 'ol Weekly Reader (I thought it was Reekly Reader, until I learned to read and discovered what it said). There are some good recipes - that's my goal, to learn to cook with fresh veggies and eat real food. Of course tonight I drove thru McDonald's for a salad...and when I got to Joan's - Frosty greeted me like an old friend in the yard. Joan put him up over the weekend. Yay!

No comments: