Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mary Poppins


Can't wait to attend Mary Poppins - the play at the Civic Center tomorrow night. Amy and Jud got me the ticket for my bday. Those darn kids are getting good at this present thing!

I remember attending MP back when I was a kid - though I'm not sure where we went to see it. Probably Omaha, where our fam did most everything back then. We used drive to Omaha to shop. When we were little Mom would dress us up for the big shopping extravaganzas. Little dresses and patent leather shoes - walking around downtown Omaha.

Then came the malls - first Crossroads and then Westroads. By then we could wear jeans to shop. We loved to eat at Bishops Buffet - first in downtown but there was one in Westroads too. They had a delectable roast beef sannie, with thick fries and their signature Bishops chocolate pie - with the chocolate curlie cues on top. Of course I would get full and not be able to eat the whole piece!

Mom had a couple "go-to" shops she liked to take us too when we kids. First Lollipop Lane - for the youngsters, and for the pre-teen, Gadabout. We had good luck there. We shop before school and come home with tons of clothes (or so it seemed!). When I got older, I liked the department stores - Brandeis and Younkers too.

Of course I loved seeing Mary Poppins the movie - Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke were in it. Two of my fave actors. Plus there were cartoons in it and great songs. What's not to like? Can't wait to see the show tomorrow - even though it's in DM instead of the Big O

No comments: